The Sanchar Saathi portal registration for 2023 can be done by navigating to the official website, which is https://www.sancharsaathi.gov.in. This portal was launched by the government of India on May 16 this year. The aim of the portal is to impart security for every person who is an owner of a mobile phone. The official website mentioned above can be accessed by anyone across India.
It will help you if you lose your phone, as you can complete the identity verification process from here. The portal will allow you to block a lost or stolen mobile phone and connect with law enforcement agencies.
You can also track your mobile connections and the awareness quotient. When a stolen mobile device is blocked in the network of telecom operators, it cannot be used in the country. Learn more about registering from the Sanchar Saathi portal below.
Sanchar Saathi Portal Registration 2023
Today, the smartphone or mobile is an integral part of everyone’s life. If it gets stolen or you lose it, the owner faces many problems because all the confidential data is on the phone. But the Sanchar Saathi portal ensures that all such people will not face any such issues.
This portal was created on May 16, 2023, by Ashwini Vaishnav, the minister of Communications, Railways, Electronics, and Information Technology. The portal, according to him, has been created to stop the misuse of mobiles. It will minimize instances of banking fraud, fake KYC, and identity theft.
Indian citizens can get the services of this portal by visiting sancharsaathi.gov.in. The advanced portal safeguards the usage of devices with wrong INEIs and the usage of lost or stolen mobiles on Indian networks.
This portal is developed as a component of the Digital India program. To register, all you require is to go to the official website. It has clearly laid out all the instructions that people should follow for a successful registration.
Crucial Details About the Sanchar Saathi Portal Registration 2023
If you want to make your mobile phone usage secure, it is essential to learn about this portal and its registration process. It offers many options to block not only the mobile phone but also your SIM card. It is a highly robust way to track fraudulent connections. The table below highlights crucial details about it.
|Sanchar Saathi Portal
|The Central Government of India
|Date of the portal’s launch
|May 16th, 2023
|Availability of the portal
|Android and iOS phones
|Date of registration
|Medium of registration
|Online through the website
|The motive of registering on the portal
|To block and track lost phones
|Security of smartphones
How to Register on the Sanchar Saathi Portal?
This portal extends a lot of benefits to smartphone users. To avail of all of them, you must know how to register properly.
Step 1 –
Launch a web browser on an internet-connected device and head to sancharsaathi.gov.in.
Step 2 –
Once you access the homepage, tap the registration link.
Step 3 –
You will be taken to the registration page. Here, input your personal data. This includes your name and address, mobile number and brand, and an IMEI number.
Step 4 –
Make a unique password for the account on this portal. Make sure that is password is strong, and no one can guess it easily.
Step 5 –
Go through the terms and conditions and tap the acceptance box.
Step 6 –
After inputting the needed details, tap the ‘Submit’ or ‘Register’ button.
Step 7 –
You will soon get a confirmation email in your inbox.
How to Use the Sanchar Saathi Portal to Track the Live Location of Your Mobile?
In order to track the live location of your stolen phone, you can use the following points.
- Step 1 – Navigate to the official portal whose link is given above.
- Step 2 – Here, go to the ‘Registration’ option.
- Step 3 – Now, give all the needed details asked from you.
- Step 4 – Give the invoice for your smartphone.
- Step 5 – Now, mention the location or place from where your phone was stolen.
- Step 6 – After that, give details like your city name, state, the day when the phone was lost, and the district’s name.
- Step 7 – Next, give in a police complaint number.
- Step 8 – After that, present your Aadhar card number. You should also mention your driving license and PAN card number.
- Step 9 – Now, enter your mobile phone number.
- Step 10 – You will get an OTP instantly. Verify this OTP.
- Step 11 – Now, use your name, email ID, and password to create an account on the portal.
- Step 12 – After logging into your account, tap the ‘IMEI Search’ option.
- Step 13 – Now, start tracking your phone using this portal.
Steps to Check the Complaint Status on Sanchar Saathi
You can easily look at the status of your complaint on this portal.
- Go to the official portal via the link in the table above.
- On the home page of the portal, tap the option saying ‘Lost/stolen mobile phones CEIR.’
- You will be directed to the CEIR Sanchar Saathi portal.
- Here, tap the ‘Request Status’ button.
- The relevant page will open. Here, input your request ID along with other data that is asked.
- After filling out the details, tap ‘Submit.’
- You will soon see the status of your complaint on this portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I download the Sanchar Saathi application?
Use the Play Store if you have an Android phone or the App Store for your iPhone to download the app. You may also use the web portal of Sanchar Saathi.
2. How will Sanchar Saathi help me track my mobile?
Register on the website of Sanchar Saathi and use the option to track your stolen phone. You will then be able to know your phone’s location.
3. What is Sanchar Saathi?
The Sanchar Saathi portal has been developed by the Department of Telecommunications. Its aim is to enhance the safety and security of mobile phone subscribers.